Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A New Blogging Adventure

So, I've been toying around with this idea for a while, and I decided to go ahead and start and just see where it goes. I wanted a blog to share my papercrafting, cardmaking, and scrapbooking projects that was separate from my family blog. Eventually I would like to start submitting some of my work for publication and possible even selling some items on Etsy, and I thought a blog might be helpful to just get some of my work out there. There are also a lot of online challenges I'd like to participate in, and this blog will be the avenue which I post my entries for those challenges. So... here we go with my first submission!
I made 20 of these cards as a baby shower gift. Not a typical shower gift, I know, but I hope Jessica will find them useful as she sends out thank you notes after her sweet Sadie Louise is born. Her nursery colors are pink and brown, so I wanted to follow that color scheme.
This card pattern is called the Big Buckle Card. Here is a link for the tutorial of this pattern on the resource page at Splitcoaststampers.com. You will see that my card varies a little from the tutorial, but it's a great pattern to play around with and make your own.
I need to have Michael help me with my photography as well, so my pictures look a little better, but hey... it is a work in progress.

Because the card base is such a dark brown, I included a white insert for the hand written message on the inside. I used a scallop punch to give the edge a fun finished look. I just LOVE this color combination.

Well, that wasn't so hard and I've now begun. So feel free to check back often for more, and I would also love comments and questions.

Supplies: Stamps; Lots of Thoughts by Stampin Up, Happiness Always by Stampin Up. Ink; Pretty in Pink by Stampin Up, Timber Brown StazOn by Tsukineko, Chestnut Roan fluid chalk ink by Clearsnap, water color wonder crayon in Pretty in Pink by Stampin Up. Paper; dark brown by Provo Craft, White by Georgia Pacific, pink and brown polka dot by Provo Craft. Tools and Accessories; brown ribbon by American Crafts, scallop edge punch by Stampin Up, scallop square punch by Stampin Up, word window punch by Stampin Up, corner rounder punch by EK Success, blender pen by Stampin Up.

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely cards with great execution! You have real talent here and these cards are sooo much more warm and gratifying than anything you can buy! Just a reflection of the lovely person you are! Love you, Aunt Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. well hello and welcome to the blogging world!! I love my blog and sharing my passion with others who love it as much as I do!! And, I've met so many wonderful people thanks to my blog! Enjoy your new project :-)

    ReplyDelete